With Asparagus, Green Onions, and Tomatoes
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, approx. 2 lbs. (three breasts usually)
- Center Cut Pork Chops
- Tomatoes—Beefsteak or Brandywines
- Stalk of Green Onions
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Herbs de Provence or Italian Spice Blend
- Garlic Powder
- After preparing the coals/pellets/gas, cover the grill with a sheet of aluminum foil and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the bottom with minced garlic and a dash of oregano, basil, and rosemary.
- Depending on the length of the green onions, slice off four-five inches of the leaf portion. Place the stem part of the green onions atop the oil and save the cut leaves.
- Slice the tomatoes into strips approx. two-three inches in length.
- Place one chicken breast and one pork chop atop the onions with two-three stalks of trimmed asparaguses between them. Spread butter atop the meat.
- Season to taste the spices: Herbs de Provence, rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper (any or all of these can be dispensed with.).
- Place the green onion leaves and tomato strips atop the meat. Wrap it all with aluminum foil and place on the grill.
- Cooking time: 20-30 minutes depending on the heat of the grill.
Side Dishes: Fruit Salad, Pan-fried Potatoes, Cole Slaw